Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Four Weeks Old

If you can tell from this picture, Kellen has started to go bald on the top of his head. Tyer keeps saying that he looks like George off Seinfeld. He has long dark hair all around the sides and then it's completely bald on top. It looks funny yet very cute.
So, Kellen hasn't been sleeping very well in his crib anymore so we've been trying the car seat. He did very well in it last night. Isn't his double chin cute.

Tyler and I have been very upset because he hates his binki and will scream and wiggle uncontrollably to get it out of his mouth. However, last night and today he decided he liked it. We are sooooo excited because it totally relaxes him. He played on the floor last night for two hours with it in his mouth. Of course it falls out every 5 minutes but he loves it for the time being.


I took Kellen on a walk today and he was soooo good. He just looked around and was so content and happy. It's been a total change from the past four days of him being moody and grumpy nearly all day.


Oh, the joy of long nights rocking Kellen to sleep. I'm so happy to say that last night he only woke up twice and them went straight back to bed. Isn't it amazing what a good nights sleep can do for you.




11 comments:

The Andersens said...

Just know you are not the only ones. Thank goodness for carseats. We hope everything is going well. Provo misses you.

Jackie said...

I'm so happy you got the gift and you liked it! Yeah! Manix had a little bit of a hard time with the crib for a couple of weeks too. We heated up a couple of rice heating bags and warmed up is bed before we put him in it and that seemed to work. Maybe it's worth a try. Thank heavens he likes his binky now.... I love binkys. Kellen is so adorable... especially bald ;)Oh, I totally agree- walks & stroller rides are a gift from God!

Jill Revell said...

Didn't that four weeks go so much faster than fours weeks of pregnancy? So cute, so fun!

Michelle Andersen said...

I'm SO glad to hear things are going better! It IS amazing what a little sleep can do. It totally turns things around and makes it seem like you can do this. Thanks for calling me the other day. I miss you guys!!

jax said...

He is so adorable!

merrilykaroly said...

Jr. slept in his carseat for the first 6 weeks of his life! But it's because I just couldn't bear to put him in the other room and wanted him right next to my bed... I was pretty silly about it all.

Isn't it nice when babies are happy? :)

The Richards said...

He is sure one adorable boy! It's fun to see what we have to look forward too!

Erin Ellsworth said...

He is adorable. I am glad he is sleeping a little better. Ali had a hard time sleeping, but Jaxon has been a great sleeper. It makes all the difference in how fast you can recover from delivery. I hope he continues to get better for you.

I love the double chin! He is already getting big!

Lanenga Family said...

Aww! So cute! I love his little nose, too. It's good to see things are going well!

Emily Malinka said...

oh he is such a cute little boy!

Patrice said...

My little Sampson slept in the SWING for the first few months!! Finally he's lovin' the crib...lol Good luck!