Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Goodbye Ducks


This duck had 16 babies and only one was yellow, how cute!



So after moving for the 5th time since we've been married, we're officially sick of it. I have to admit I've gotten better at packing, but I seriously think next time I'll just throw everything in the back of a truck and not care if it gets scratched or broken. That's a lie, but it's a tempting thought. The one great improvement we made was hiring movers...it was glorious, especially for Tyler.

We really like our new place and love having a Walmart and Costco not more than 5 minutes away. However, some things I really miss at our old apartment are the friends we made and the long walks Kellen and I would take around the pond with all the cute little ducks. Before we left I was able to get some great pictures of the new hatchlings...arn't they cute? I was also able to get a great picture of Kellen with one of his classic looks.

9 comments:

Peter said...

come back... come back! Just kidding, I am sure it is a good move for you guys we just miss you here! Put some pictures up of your new place and I hope we get *invited* to come up soon! That wasn't too forward huh! Take care.

Kevin said...

WHAT an adorable little look he has! How fun to have a little pond so close to you! I would miss that too! It was so good to talk to you today!

Andrea said...

We already miss you!! I can't believe we didn't do a thing to help you move. Will you come back and see us soon. Come watch a March Madness game!

Lanenga Family said...

How exciting! I hope your new place treats you well, and you won't have to move for a while! :)

Michelle said...

I would have TOTALLY kidnapped that little yellow duck to take pics with.
I am with you on the moving thing, not looking forward to it!
Kellen is adorable, he is just waiting for me to smooch him, I can tell.

The Palmers said...

we'll have to go back and walk around that pond again...maybe hit some of the pools. =) i'm sad you had to leave, but i have to say i'm pretty excited you're closer! we'll be in Plano at James's parents at the beginning of June!

Emily said...

Can't wait to come uninvited and raid your new place! j/k Have fun making new friends (sniff). Hope your new ward is as fun as ours!

merrilykaroly said...

oh, that looks like so much fun! and good weather, too.

Charlotte said...

"Don't mess with my ducks!" Love that little crusty. That will come in handy in later years. I'm so sad Kellen doesn't get to see his ducks anymore. You need to find some more. We had two ducks in our yard the other day and Reese threw them bread. Grantid the bread didn't fly far beyond her toes but she was trying.