Monday, September 28, 2009

Not So Bad After All



I know many children are afraid of the vacuum, but Kellen isn't just afraid, he's terrified of it and has been ever since he was born. For the past couple of months he's clued in to where I keep it and he won't go anywhere near the closet without running away or crying. However, out of the blue last week, I had the closet open and he was very curious. Of course he was very timid at first but warmed up quickly and even got up the courage to touch it. Apparently it's not so bad after all. It might be a different story when I actually have to turn the scary beast on again, but until then, Kellen and the vacuum are friends.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

What is it with vacuums I tell ya?! Reese still doesn't like ours. She tells it "bye bye" every time it makes an appearance, which means I am done with you! Kellen was so brave- three touches is pretty impressive! He is walking so well. I want to chase him!!!

Erin Ellsworth said...

My children are also afraid of the vaccume but they are afraid because if they have toys on the floor in their room when I come to vaccume it, they get eaten by the gobel monster (a pillow case).

I miss you Chloe... how are you?

Kathryn Pyne said...

Oh man! that boy is so cute! I can't wait till henry is walking. It's good to know other babies have a hard time with vacuums. Henry hates ours as well. Maybe he will get a brave like Kellen and touch it one of these days.
Happy Birthday Kellen!

Unknown said...

What if you buy him a toy vacuum of his own? Or even a little vacuum? My little brother had one and he eventually had this obsession with vacuums and always wanted to help out. Maybe a little version will help him out.