Sunday, October 18, 2009

Texas State Fair

Tyler had Monday (Columbus Day) off work so we decided to go to the State Fair. Last year we watched it from our hospital window after delivering Kellen. It was very expensive (don't go on a day that doesn't accept discounts) but a lot of fun. Oprah even came that morning but we just missed her, dang it! We especially loved the little petting zoo. Kellen squealed with delight petting the baby animals. They even had a baby kangaroo that kept climbing in and out of his mothers pouch.
They had tons of yummy fried food, and after much contemplation we decided to try the fried snickers. It wasn't my favorite, I would much rather have it plain. We should've tried the fried peaches and cream.











Reading a book while waiting for the show to start. Thanks again for his book Charlotte, he loves it:)

5 comments:

The Palmers said...

I love how Kellen smiles in pictures! It's so cute. We went to the fair on a Sat. Too bad not the same day!

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to go to the Texas State Fair when I was growing up in Arlington. There's Tex! Kellen does have a cute smile!

Emily Malinka said...

such fun! Did you kind of get grossed out by the lack of substance of that hand sanitizer after the petting zoo... I felt so dirty after feeding the animals!

Charlotte said...

Love that he is reading the book! How cute is that. Glad he likes it and is getting full use out of it...even at the fair! Something reminds me of Reese. Is it the eyes????

Big Mark 243 said...

Did y'all try that fried butter that I heard about? I have enjoyed my brief visit with you and your family!!