Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Eggs



Kellen talked about Easter weeks before it arrived. He repeated the phrase "Easter's coming" at least a dozen times every day. I think he thought it was like Christmas. I didn't get cute pictures of the boys in their Sunday best, but I am taking them to Target tomorrow to get some, so those will come shortly. Kellen had fun decorating eggs and doing the actual hunt on Sunday. Since then, we've done about 5 more just around the house. He keeps coming up to me and saying "mom, hide the eggs" I just can't resist his cute little face and how it lights up whenever he finds them.

Most of all, we are grateful for the atonement and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We had the opportunity to go see the beautiful Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple last Thursday and it was truly amazing. My testimony was strengthened and I am grateful for the sweet reasurrance that we have a loving Father in Heaven who loves us and sent his son so that we could return and live with him again.

At the Easter pageant

My favorite part was the drive home from the pageant. I drove home by myself with Kellen and our conversavtion went like this.

Kellen - Mom, where did Jesus go?
Chloe - The Jesus in the play wasn't the real Jesus, he was just pretending. The real Jesus is in Heaven. This Jesus was just showing us all the good things Jesus did, like how he loved the people.
Kellen - MOM, I LOVE PEOPLE TOO!!!
Chloe - You do?
Kellen - Yes mom, exactly.
Chloe - Wow, that's great.
a little later...
Kellen - Mom, DAD LOVES PEOPLE TOO!!!
Chloe - You're right, he does love people.
haha, sooo cute.

No comments: