17 hours ago
Thursday, March 21, 2013
A fun little episode we had a few months ago, was when we woke up one morning to find an empty bottle of children’s cough and runny nose medicine on the boys bathroom floor. An hour after finding it, Brady fell into a deep sleep on our bed. I called poison control and she told us to take him to the hospital so they could do a test to measure how much acetaminophen was in his system. We took him in a few hours later, when she told us too, and we ended up waiting forever to see someone. He was very dazed and had huge pupils. He was talking a lot of nonsense too, but by the time we saw the doctor, we knew he would be perfectly fine. We almost wished we hadn’t come…especially when we found out the bill would be $2,500. We are so glad he’s alright though, and I have learned my lesson to never keep cough medicine in the bathroom cabinet, even if it does have a child-proof lid.