Monday, February 1, 2010

Oh boy!

So, I have been so frustrated with Kellen lately because he's all of the sudden turned into a terrible eater. I make him food and it all gets wasted. One day he likes something, the next he hates it. It makes grocery shopping very difficult. Lately he'll have one or two bites and then try and throw it on the floor. I feel like he's not getting the nutrients he needs. Today, I was so excited when he was eating some cantaloupe, only to find him minutes later shoving the pieces into to the VCR. Luckily I got it all out. Don't worry, I've caught him pulling this stunt a few times. He thinks he's so tricky. Anyway, I'm sure it's just a phase. Last night I yelled..."I feel like such a terrible mother because my child is mal-nourished." Tyler responded "He sure doesn't look like it." He's right, he doesn't. I just want to feel like he's eating healthy and not eating fruit snacks all day...that's all:) Oh the joys of being a mother...I know I have much more ahead.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Maya is frustrating like that too! One day she will eat more than I do then the next day she will only eat two or three bites! I got so frustrated with family dinners I made Branch eat by her and feed her!

My advice... Chewy vitamins. Instant Breakfast. Both he may like and both have vitamins and nutrients in it. Plus, the instant breakfast is chocolate and I think Kellen might like that!!

Good luck! Let us know what happens!!

Sammy said...

Don't worry there are days where I'm pretty sure Ashton survives on goldfish and water. Also smoothies - Ashton thinks anything cold is a slurpee or some special treat so I mix spinach and carrots in with all sorts of berries and bananas and some juice. And don't think he'll grow out of it anytime soon... ALSO - we're all on the mend. Let's play SOON! What are you doing next week? Mon, Thurs or Fri??

Linds Forrest said...

Oh my crap shoving cantalope into the VCR is so funny!! I hope he starts eating stuff soon so you can get a peace of mind.