Monday, October 18, 2010

Thoughts on Motherhood

I have been so overcome the past couple weeks with such pure joy, that it's hard to find words to express how I feel. It's kind of like I figured out how to really enjoy all the work involved with raising two boys. I have really been trying to just focus on not letting things stress me out and just enjoying the small things. Some of my favorite moments are when I hold Brady in the rocking chair trying to get him to sleep, and I just get to cuddle him. Those are the happinest moments just relishing in the joy of having the most perfect little human in my arms and wanting that moment to last forever. I think too often I get caught up in routines and chores and then realize I haven't taken time that day to make Brady laugh, or I haven't taken time to sit and read Kellen a story. It's moments like that, that make me realize how quickly it's all going to fly by. They're getting so big and I wish I could just keep them this little forever. I don't want them to grow up. I want to always be able to rock them in my arms and hold them. I want to really cherish every minute.






Some awesome pictures taken just after Brady was born by my awesome sister-in-law Michelle.

4 comments:

Sammy said...

I love those moments! Those pics are awesome and your little guys are so cute. Can I have a couple of them to marry off my girls??

The Palmers said...

Okay... that's too precious. Love the pictures. You make me excited to be a mommy. =)

Erin Ellsworth said...

i love you chloe!

Emily Malinka said...

those pics are beautiful! Lets get together soon, I miss ya!