Friday, October 1, 2010

One crazy morning

The day after we returned home from Utah, Tyler headed to work as usual. I woke up and got the kids ready and gave them a bath and breakfast. We were just about to head out the door to run an errand, so I put Kellen's shoes on. He got very excited and began running (very dangerous for him). He tripped on his shoes and fell face first into our computer chair of all places. All I heard was a huge scream and ran over to find Kellen's eye covered in blood. I tried not to panic but I couldn't see exactly where it was coming from. I pulled down his eyelid and found a nice big cut. I managed to call Tyler at work to figure out what I should do, it was hard to hear him over Kellen's screaming. I called the Pediatrician and he told me to take him to the emergency room for either stiches or some kind of sticky glue they could put on it. Tyler told me just to take him the Urgent care down the road. So, I got the kids loaded up and headed there. When we arrived, I got out of the car and realized the Urgent Care had closed down for some reason. I got back in the car only to find out that the engine wouldn't start...are you kidding me? We then had to call Tyler to come pick us up. We sat in the hot Arizona heat for 30 minutes while we waited for Tyler. Whe Tyler arrived, he managed to get the car started again and we figured it best just to head home and give Kellen a nap, he was a wreck. In the end, we discovered Kellen's eye wasn't as bad as we originally thought so we didn't have to take him in after all. We did however take in our car, and it was a very expensive fix (Don't buy used cars). I tried to get a picture of his eye, but it was quite difficult. This is the best I could get.

Later that day at the car dealership, waiting for Tyler, we capture a full range of emotions on camera.

Distressed

Bashful

Content

Relaxed

Happy

Really Happy

At the end of our crazy day, Kellen and Brady enjoy tummy time.


No comments: