Sunday, June 17, 2012

I can sew again!!

I know, it's cute right? I was pretty proud of myself for making this I have to admit. I took a sewing class in highschool and loved it. However, I haven't touched a sewing machine since. A couple years ago my husband bought me a sewing machine for Christmas. I was sooo excited but extremely intimidated, being that highschool was that last time I had touched one. Well, after two years of it sitting in it's box in my closet, I finally took it out. My sister-in-law gave me a refresher course on how to turn it on, thread it, and basically use it. I did attempt making some burp cloths before this and they were a disaster. I didn't quit though, and with help from a sweet girl in my ward and a lot of effort, I made this car-seat cover all by my myself. It feels nice to accomplish something and resurrect a skill I once enjoyed.

1 comment:

Babydoll said...

That looks great! Good work.