Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sarah Palin

While Tyler was stuck at work, I had the neat opportunity to go meet Sarah Palin last month. Tyler's cousin is married to Kirk Adams, who is running for U.S. Congress here in AZ. Sarah Palin has been one of his big supporters and they had a big BBQ/Picnic just 15 min away from our house. The weather was 113 degrees outside, and we waited in line for an hour to get food, which Sarah and Kirk were serving. Needless to say we were very hot. About every 30 min the paramedics took someone away suffering from heat stroke. It was also a joy when Kellen had a meltdown after Sarah Palin shoved pork on top his roll. As a result, I had a security guard come help me carry my plates and screaming child to a picnic table, nice man. I did however get to say thank you to her and she said "you're welcome"...pretty cool huh. Anyway, the results of the ballots came in and unfortunately kirk lost by a mere 3%...big bummer. I attached a few pictures...kirk is the one in the blue shirt wearing the red apron, and Sarah is next to him.

No comments: