Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Santa Barbara

We went on a road trip last week to Santa Barbara to visit Tyler's family. My doctor strongly advised me not to go and I disobeyed him...boy am I glad nothing happened. It was so nice to get a break from the Arizona heat. We went to the beach, the local zoo, ate yummy food, and watched lots of good movies. It was very relaxing and fun to get away. I love spending time with Tyler's family. It's so nice knowing I married into a family that I enjoy being around. I feel bad for people who feel differently. Unfortunately, our camera battery was dead most of the time so here are just a few pictures we were able to get at the zoo.

The zoo is so much more enjoyable now that Kellen knows and understands what animals are.
Kellen feeding the sheep anything he could find off the ground.
And of course, Kellen's favorite part of the zoo...sitting on this thing. He could have spent the entire day there. We had complete histeria when we took him off.
Look at how close the lion was to the glass, wow!

This is an awesome picture we caught of the lion yawning.
Kellen refusing to look at the camera.

4 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

NO WAY!!! We went to Santa Barbara this past weekend! When were you guys there? I bet we just missed you:( What an amazingly small world.
(And I love that Kellen loved the zebra giraffe truck thingy because Charlie had a love affair with it, as well!) Cute and silly boys...

Nikki said...

I'm glad it was a fun, uneventful trip before the baby comes. That lion yawning picture is amazing. You look great. Good luck and take care! We're excited for you.

Linds Forrest said...

Glad you got away! And the picture below of you at 37 weeks is darling!!! I hope all goes well when you have the baby!

Deanna said...

You could have said the lion was roaring and I would have believed you. You should be an amateur photographer for national geographic.