Friday, March 23, 2012

Rolling Eyes and Pulling Hair

Aren't they handsome in this picture.

Kellen has quite the personality these days. From rolling his eyes at me and telling me "no" most of the day, I'm beginning to think I have a teenager on my hands. He has his wonderful moments too, and a lot of his behavior is dependent on my behavior...funny how that works. I've started giving myself time-outs lately, I find that often works better, because heaven knows I need them.

With Brady, I get smacked in the face and have my hair pulled, especially when I'm on the phone. So, if you ever call and I burst into tears, it's probably because Brady just pulled my hair. Believe me, this has happened before. So, in response to all this wonderful behavior, I've decided to just give Kellen everything he wants and never make him eat his dinner. With Brady, I've decided to give him my undivided attention every second of the day, and never make phone calls...oh if only.

I don't think you ever prepare yourself for how challenging and difficult motherhood can be. The days that are hard, just make the ones that are good all that much more sweeter.

No comments: