Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bronchitis, Strep, and Two Ear Infections

I feel like this little guy has been sick for forever. He finally got better after a horrible cold and then Tyler and I caught it and gave it right back to him. I took him in to the pediatricians and found out he had bronchitis, strep, and two ear infections. They put him on antibiotics for all three and I went back three days later for a follow-up visit. At the follow-up visit they did an asthma test on him and found out that his breathing improved after the test. So, they're not sure if he has asthma, but they gave me this nebulizer treatment to give to him 4 times a day to clear up his lungs and help him breathe better. I almost cried when I found out I had to put this horrible mask on him. He would scream in histeria whenever he it came time to use it. Yes, try making a 17 month old sit still 4 times a day for 15 minutes, while he squirms and fights you. It has not been easy, however, Kellen has now become quite used to it. After three days, it doesn't bother him anymore. He'll quietly sit on the couch while he watches cartoons as long as I'm right next to him. It's a miracle:) I literally would've given up if he didn't start taking to it. I now have a deep appreciation for all those parents out there who have chilren with any kind of disability that requires constant medical attention. I am so glad I only have to do this for a week.

My happy boy playing in the tub...the moments I live for.

5 comments:

Sam and Lacey said...

Oh my! I had no idea.

It makes me realize that I haven't called you in quite a while. I'm such a bad sis-in-law....

Charlotte said...

What the heck??? I had no idea he had to wear that little mask. Awwwww. I agree it gives you appreciation for those mothers with children that need constant medical attention. A week might seem like an eternity but you will pull through! Dad showed me this picture of Kellen on his phone, I swelled up with tears when I saw it...poor little Kellen :(
Can't wait to see a healthy little guy in a week!!

Charlotte said...

Hubba hubba tubba tubba. Dang he is adorable Chloe. He looks JUST like you and pics of you in the paddling pool. You in your white swim suit with straps you had to pull up every time you raised your arms and purposely belly flopped into the pool(so funny-you entertained yourself for hours). Have you taught Kellen how to belly flop??

Erin Ellsworth said...

No fun. My little Weston has been sick forever too. It is awful. Good luck I hope everyone gets better soon.

Lanenga Family said...

poor little guy! Hope he gets better real soon! How are you feeling? Isn't your due date coming up?!